It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way… – Charles Dickens
While Dickens’ was referring to the French revolution, I find this quote fitting for a startup post. I feel like this quote will always be relevant, and the magic of interpretation allows you to make it as simple or as complex as you wish. On simple view, it is just talking about contrasts… is it also talking about the duality of life? Maybe I’m reading too much into it.
… Well, hello there! My name is Selene. I’m a recent college grad that loves having too much in her plate, and as such, I have decided to open up this blog. It will be a lifestyle blog, mainly, where I get to rant and talk about mindfulness, shopping, traveling, video games, and other fun things . Not everything is fun and games, though, and I hope to make this blog more like an information source for people with similar interests, and yes, hopefully touch on controversial themes.
Some quick facts about me:
- I’m a Mexican-American girl alternating life in Mexico and the US (beeeest of both woooorlds)
- I got my BS in Biology in 2016. I will go back for my masters soon-ish!(?!?!?!)
- Most of my likes and passions fall under the geek spectrum (video games, books, collecting, anime, etc)
- The rest of my interests can be easy to spot throughout my social media, but I like shopping (I like discounts better), cute things, and I’m a big advocate for the environment.
- I also want to help people, I want to promote self-love and self-care, talk about depression/anxiety and how to deal with it.
And… that is it for now!
In this epoch of darkness, and incredulity, and foolishness, I want to bring a little bit of light and a little bit of hope . Hopefully my blog will reach people that needs to be reached. I would be very happy if it helps at least one person.
Thank you for tuning in~ Go check my first non-introductory blog post!
XOXO – Selene